In May, 1956 PAF Conversion School Mauripur was split into
Single Engine Conversion School and Transport Conversion
Flight. The latter shifted to its new location at Lahore and
was re-designated as No. 3 (Transport Conversion) Squadron
on 1st July, 1957. Bristol Freighter was on the inventory of
the squadron, and its function was to train all types of
aircrew. On 20th September, 1959 the squadron moved
permanently to Chaklala; it was reduced to number-plate
basis on 1st July, 1963.
The Transport Conversion School was revived on 18th
September, 1974; its first graduation was held on 15th July,
1975. The new building was inaugurated on 6th March, 1978.
The school undertakes the training of Captains, Co-pilots,
Flight Engineers and Navigators.